Friday, December 9, 2016

Friday Felines

The last few weeks have seen a big change in a certain little ginger boy.
All of a sudden, he seems a lot more comfortable here. He's starting to act like he owns the place... or as I said to Dave the other day, he's turning into a "real cat."

He still has his things that freak him out...
 ...like company visiting, sneezes, the running water in the bathtub, and walking near him when he's sitting at the top of the stairs - but otherwise, he doesn't seem to have a care in the world.
I think he's finally decided we're keeping him, and he's can have a pretty good life here.

To my great joy, he's also become a lap cat. And not just when I pick him up and put him there. Frequently I'll be working away on my laptop, and he'll come and sit at my feet and cry, asking me to make room for him. If I don't... he just comes up anyway and pushes his way into my lap
He's even getting better at joining us for bed time. Though I still have to bring him up, he's happy to settle down for most of the night (he usually leaves around 6am). The other night, Dave woke me up and complained that I was hogging the bed. After grumping at me. He immediately fell back to sleep. I sat up, and looked down... I was still well within the boundaries of my side. Then I looked over at Dave's legs.... where Rupert was stretched out, from Dave's ankle to his knee, sound asleep and pushing Dave toward the edge of the bed.

Yup... I'd say he's right at home.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first three days that we had Giroux, all he did was sleep curled up on the chair. I thought that this was how it would be.

Welllll, once he was healthy ---- Mr. Owns-The-Place can have quite a cat-i-tude about things. His current obsession is sleeping on our pillows. Our pillows have a crease right down the middle that is just about as wide as Giroux. LOL

But ..............we love them anyways.

Ru has grown into quite the handsome boy!

Rachelle said...

Yup, he's definitely discovering his catness!

Bridget said...

I'm glad he is settling in and deciding to be a happy boy. Even if it does make for a crowded bed ... ;-)

Vera said...

He is so handsome. Glad he is right at home now! I love a lap cat (wishing Tyg were more of one...but he is sleeping on the bed sometimes now...a start). Have a great weekend.

Araignee said...

Awwww.....that's so nice. What a big difference you made in his little life. I hate going to Pet Smart and seeing all the kitty in the cages waiting for a home. Poor babies.

Delighted Hands said...

So wonderful to see the power of love for this beautiful boy!

kathy b said...

So happy he's decided you are HIS people. Fireman was out in the yard filling bird feeders today in a heavy jacket and coat and scared Fezzik, on the porch, half to death. SIgh, Cats....so funny.

The Well Fed Wheel said...

That is one good looking dude you have there! I love all his different happy cat poses.

RobinH said...

Aw, so nice to see him gaining some confidence! And I've missed him. I usually read blogs at lunch but our new security software at work doesn't like your site for some reason so I've had to wait until I get home to see your blog!